Santa Barbara Channelkeeper, a grassroots environmental watchdog nonprofit, seeks a creative, personable, energetic, well-organized, detail-oriented, independent, flexible and hard-working individual to join our awesome team as our new Communications Manager. The mission of this exceptional individual is to increase Channelkeeper’s brand recognition, grow our membership, and develop and execute strategies to raise the organization’s profile and visibility to our constituents and target audiences.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of experience in communications/public relations/marketing, exceptional communication skills (written and verbal), painstaking attention to detail, excellent people skills, a strong commitment to environmental / public interest work, a sense of humor, and the ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced, highly collaborative team environment. Other essentials include experience with website administration, social media and graphic design, and computer proficiency in a PC environment (particularly Excel and Access). Familiarity with and passion about local environmental/water quality issues is a big plus.
The Communications Manager reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for managing Santa Barbara Channelkeeper’s external communications, assisting with outreach and fundraising events and online campaigns, and providing communications support for the organization’s education, monitoring and advocacy programs. The principal duties of the position include:
- Developing and implementing annual communications plans and goals.
- Working with staff to create and execute strategies to enhance visibility, increase media coverage and expand public awareness and support for Channelkeeper and our issues.
- Developing content for and overseeing production and distribution of all external communications (paper and e-newsletters, brochures, flyers, postcards, press releases, etc.).
- Overseeing development of content for and regularly updating Channelkeeper’s website and social media channels and developing and executing strategies to increase traffic and engagement on Channelkeeper’s website and social media.
- Enhancing Channelkeeper’s social media presence, including maintaining and growing our presence and following on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Creating in-house marketing and outreach materials and working with consultants and vendors on outsourced communications / materials.
- Developing and maintaining current media database, media kits and article archive.
- Cultivating relationships with the press.
- Assisting with tabling at community events to increase awareness about Channelkeeper and our issues and recruit new members and volunteers.
- Assisting with event coordination and execution.
- Maintaining email distribution list (Constant Contact).
- Making sure all communications, images, logos, design, advertisements, etc. are current and consistent.
- Fully understanding and being able to articulate the mission of the organization and clearly describe all Channelkeeper programs.
Compensation: Competitive non-profit salary commensurate with experience; benefits
To Apply: Email a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Santa Barbara Channelkeeper’s mission is to protect and restore the Santa Barbara Channel and its watersheds through science-based advocacy, education, field work and enforcement. For more information, please visit www.sbck.org.