Communications & Development Assistant
Want to work for a great organization that makes a real difference in protecting the environment? Santa Barbara Channelkeeper seeks a temporary, part-time Communications and Development Assistant to help raise awareness and funds to support our work to protect and restore the Santa Barbara Channel and its watersheds.
- Oversee production and distribution of all external communications (monthly e-newsletters, bi-annual paper newsletters, flyers, postcards, brochures etc.)
- Regularly update website
- Maintain a consistent and engaging social media presence
- Maintain current media database, media kits and article archive
- Table at community events to raise awareness and recruit volunteers and members
- Assist with event coordination and execution
- Assist with the organization and execution of all mailings
- Process all donations in donor databse (e-tapestry) and generate thank you letters
- Generate donor reports
- Manage, update and generate mailing lists
- Maintain office supplies
- Assist with preparations for Board and committee meetings
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Prior experience in communications, development and/or administrative support.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience and proficiency with social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Experience updating websites
- Computer proficiency in a PC environment is a must, particularly Word, Excel and Access. Familiarity with the following is strongly preferred: WordPress, Constant Contact, Adobe Creative Suite
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Highly organized, able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Personable, energetic, creative, flexible and hard-working, with a sense of humor and the ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- A keen interest and passion for the environment/water and commitment to public interest work.
Compensation: $13-18/hour depending on experience
Part Time: 15-25 hours/week
Temporary: September 2016-January 2017
To Apply: Email a cover letter, resume, writing sample and references to: Santa Barbara Channelkeeper, firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Santa Barbara Channelkeeper is a grassroots non-profit organization dedicated to protecting and restoring the Santa Barbara Channel and its watersheds. Through science-based advocacy, education, field work and enforcement, we defend our community’s right to clean water and inform, inspire and empower people to speak and act for our waterways. Channelkeeper is a member of Waterkeeper Alliance, a global network of 300 local Waterkeeper organizations on six continents collectively patrolling and protecting more than two million square miles of watersheds. A core value of all Waterkeepers is that human beings have a right to clean water, and that the strength and health of a community is inextricably linked to the cleanliness and safety of its water resources. For more information about Santa Barbara Channelkeeper, please visit our website at www.sbck.org.
Santa Barbara Channelkeeper is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.