Santa Barbara Channelkeeper is a small organization that makes a big impact. We rely on support from water lovers like you to help us hold polluters accountable, advocate for clean water, monitor the health of our waterways, keep our beaches and creeks clean, and educate and inspire thousands of kids to become ocean stewards. Together we can make a real difference to ensure a legacy of healthy oceans and watersheds for our community and for future generations.
BECOME A CHANNELKEEPER MEMBER
EVERY CONTRIBUTION MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE
If you have any questions or are having difficulty using our Donation Form, please contact Debra McCarty at firstname.lastname@example.org
Channelkeeper donors receive our monthly e-newsletters and bi-annual paper newsletters, invitations to special events and fun volunteer opportunities, a free Channelkeeper sticker, and, most importantly, a stake in our claim for clean water and healthy watersheds.
New donors contributing $50 or more can receive a Channelkeeper t-shirt, and for donations of $250 or more, bi-annual issues of Waterkeeper magazine delivered to your home.
Also, many companies will match donations made by their employees. Ask your employer if they can double or triple your donation!
More Ways to Give
There are a number of additional ways to support Channelkeeper, many of which have special tax benefits:
- Contribute securities (i.e. stock, bonds, IRAs)
- Create a gift fund (i.e. a charitable remainder trust) that will provide you and/or your benefactor with an income for a specified amount of time; at the end of that period, the fund will become a gift to Channelkeeper
- Make a gift to Channelkeeper for a specified amount of time by placing assets into a charitable lead trust, the principal of which will return to you and/or another beneficiary whom you select
- Designate Channelkeeper as the owner or beneficiary of a fully paid life insurance policy
- Include our organization in your estate plan, and name Channelkeeper as the irrevocable beneficiary of a bequest.
- Whether you’re shopping for groceries or gifts at your favorite retailer, a percentage of your purchases can support our programs at no additional cost to you. Click here to learn more.
We recommend that you discuss planned gifts with your financial advisor and/or tax attorney to ensure that your investment offers maximum benefits to you and Channelkeeper.
Please email or call us at (805) 563-3377 ext. 2 for more information.
Our Commitment to Our Donors
Santa Barbara Channelkeeper will not sell, share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations. To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.
Thank you for your support
Santa Barbara Channelkeeper is a 501(c)(3) non-profit public benefit organization.
Tax ID# 91-2151460. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.